The option to self-exclude is part of DraftKings' commitment to responsible gaming and helping customers control how and when they use DraftKings products.
Learn more about:
- Self-exclusion durations
- What happens during self-exclusion
- Frequently asked questions about self-exclusion
- 3 Months (Fantasy Sports only)
- 6 Months (Fantasy Sports only)
- 1 Year
- 5 Years
Note: You’ll see all options defined by your jurisdiction when setting the self-exclusion period.
During the self-exclusion period:
- You can't log into your DraftKings account.
- You can't make any deposits
- You can't enter fantasy sports contests.
- You can't make any sports wagers.
- You can't play in any casino games.
- You can't transact on the marketplace.
- You won’t be sent any direct marketing from DraftKings.
- You can’t withdraw funds from your account without monitored assistance.
- Important: To request a withdrawal during a self-exclusion period, please contact the DraftKings Customer Support team.
Frequently asked questions
Who can self-exclude?
Any DraftKings account holder can self-exclude.
How can I self-exclude?
Learn more about how to self-exclude via any DraftKings product.
What happens to the funds in my DraftKings account while I'm self-excluded?
Any funds deposited into DraftKings will remain in your account for the future. If you'd like to withdraw funds during a self-exclusion period, please contact the DraftKings Customer Support team for assistance.
What happens after the self-exclusion period ends?
After the self-exclusion period, your account will be available for regular use again.
Can I limit my DraftKings use in other ways?
There are a variety of ways you can manage your use of DraftKings. Learn more about the player limits available to you.
Can I end my self-exclusion period early?
Once a self-exclusion period is set, DraftKings is not permitted to shorten that period.