To comply with state and federal online gaming regulations, DraftKings is required to verify the identity and age of our customers to ensure they're of legal age to participate.
During registration, customers are required to provide the following information before they're allowed to deposit or participate in real money games:
- Full legal name
- Physical mailing address (PO boxes and commercial addresses aren't accepted)
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (when required for a DraftKings product)
Important: For accurate verification, customers should ensure that their registration information is entered exactly as it appears on their state issued driver’s license, passport, or other federally accepted identification document / form.
Why wasn’t my identity verified?
DraftKings uses several 3rd party identity verification vendors to verify the information customers provide during account creation. Due to a variety of reasons, there may be some instances when our vendors aren't able to validate a customer's information.
If we’re unable to verify a customer's identity right away, we’ll ask them to scan the front and back of their driver’s license to speed up the verification process.
How Long Does Account Verification Take?
There are three types of account verification:
- Automatic verification (most common): This happens during registration or follow up-verification and takes seconds.
- Automatic document verification: This happens when a customer is asked to provide a copy of their driver's license, and takes minutes.
- Customer Support verification: This happens in the unlikely event we’re unable to automatically verify a customer's identity, and usually takes between 24 and 48 hours. For this type of verification, our Customer Support team will work to verify a customer's account. Requesting additional updates within the 48 hour time period may potentially delay approval time.