There are several reasons why you may be experiencing problems with depositing money into your account. This article will help you identify and solve your deposit problems.
- States where deposits are not allowed
- Card information match
- Bank and Gift Card restrictions
- DraftKings Gift Card
- Why can I use my card to fund my Daily Fantasy account, but not my Sportsbook or Casino accounts?
States where deposits are not allowed
Depositing money isn't permitted if you are physically located in any of the following states:
Card information match
We accept all major credit/debit cards where permitted by the provider bank, including Visa and MasterCard. Daily Fantasy users can also make deposits using Discover and American Express.
The information in your DraftKings account must match the following information registered with your credit card:
- Your name
- Card number
- Expiration date
- Security code
- State/zip code
Bank and Gift Card restrictions
- Your bank may have temporarily restricted online transactions. This is one of the most common reasons for players not being able to make a deposit. For example, your bank or card provider may not allow real money gambling transactions on credit/debit cards. If this is the issue, please use one of the other deposit methods available to you such as PayPal for all verticals, or our online banking solutions. For more information please review the How do I deposit support article.
- Your card may have expired, if this is the source of your problem please consult with the issuing back to resolve.
- If you have previously asked DraftKings to disable your card, the card is marked within DraftKings internal systems as "banned". Please use a different deposit method or card.
- If you are still unable to make a deposit, you may contact your bank and ask them to lift the ban, so your online restriction can be lifted.
In jurisdictions where gift card deposits are allowed, we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express gift cards. Some banks may decline payments for fantasy sports or sports betting, please consult with the card provider in the event you are having trouble depositing with your gift card.
- Follow the instructions for registering the gift card, as described on the back of the card
- Make sure your deposit amount is a little less than the card balance
- If depositing from Canada or another country different from the US, take the exchange rate into account
If you have tried all of the above and you are still experiencing problems, you can also try using PayPal. PayPal accounts are free and easy to set up and use. PayPal requires a verified bank account associated with your PayPal account, or an existing PayPal balance on file. PayPal does not permit business accounts to deposit.
DraftKings Gift Card
DraftKings gift cards may be available at select retail specialty stores in some jurisdictions. The inventory of DraftKings gift cards at retail is controlled by third parties; DraftKings doesn't manage the inventory at retail locations.
You can also reach out to our Customer Support Team for assistance. Follow this link to see how to contact DraftKings Customer Support.
Why can I use my card to fund my Daily Fantasy account, but not my Sportsbook or Casino accounts?
In select instances a credit, debit or gift card used to fund a DFS account may not be authorized to deposit into a Sportsbook or Casino account because card issuers may consider a gaming deposit as a different type of transaction.
If you are experiencing problems depositing with your card, we recommend that you use another payment method that has a higher rate of deposit approval such as online banking, Play +, VIP Prefered e-check, or PayPal.
In case none of these reasons are applicable to you, please reach out to our Customer Support experts for assistance.