Life’s more fun with skin in the game and any unfairness gets in the way. Learn about DraftKings' commitment to fair play.
Rules of play
DraftKings is committed to maintaining a fair and level playing field in our daily fantasy sports contests to preserve the competitiveness of the game.
- Lineup distribution: You must use a component of your own skill. Selling, buying or distributing complete lineups that do not require the skill of the end user will land you in the sin bin. Learn more about allowable and prohibited behaviors in our Community Guidelines.
- DraftKings employees aren't your competition: When you enter a public contest, you don’t have to worry about going up against DraftKings employees. It’s just you vs. other fantasy sports players.
Fair playing field
- Beginner and casual contests: Start your career against other rookies. Beginner contests are for the less experienced players who haven't yet earned an experience badge and have played less than 50 contests. Casual contests are for players that haven't yet earned an experience badge.
- Experience badges: Know exactly who you’re playing. Player badges signify contest entry milestones for accomplished players. Anyone with an Experience badge is ineligible for beginner or casual contests. However, if a player earns a badge after contest entry, they will remain in the contest.
- Contest eligibility: The Player First Initiative consists of policies and provisions we've put in place thanks to player feedback. The highest-volume players are ineligible to enter contests if the entry fee is less than $3. They are also ineligible to enter contests when the entry fee is less than $5 if the prize pool is less than $25,000 guaranteed. All contests with an entry fee less than $5 have a 20 entries per player maximum, with the exception of mini-MAX contests.
At DraftKings, we’re not using trick plays. We believe transparency is important and are committed to maintaining a clear and open player ecosystem. We want you to know what contests you’re playing in and who you’re up against, every time.
- Get all the stats: DraftKings lets you export lineups to CSV (comma-separated value files). Once contests are live, you can download the current standings. When they are complete, the results of all entries are transparent — including finishing position, players drafted, ownership percentage and fantasy points (FPTS). Please note that CSV download is only available on web and this feature isn't available on DraftKings mobile applications, however, you can access the full contest results via the GameCenter on both web and mobile applications.
Safeguarding your money
- Keeping your information safe with SSL: All of DraftKings confidential information is safeguarded by SSL (Secure Socket Layer), as represented by the padlock visible on your browser’s address tab. This ensures the security of private information provided by the website. We encrypt all our private customer information and this information is only available to employees only when pertinent.