Late swap gives you the ability to add or remove your players up until the start of their individual games. This allows you to build the best possible lineup, taking into consideration the latest news and changes.
DraftKings offers contests that support late swap and contests that don't support late swap. Athletes who are eligible for late swap have an unlocked padlock next to them.
- When selecting players to swap, don't forget to stay under the salary cap!
- In both late swap and non-late swap contests, players on opponent lineups will remain hidden until the players’ respective game start times.
- Late swap is a time sensitive automated process to ensure a fair play experience for all contest entrants. As a result, late swap can't be offered for sports where the League's game start times are consistently accurate, without risk of an early start.
Learn more about leveraging late swap when editing a lineup:
- What edits can I make using late swap?
- What edits can I make if I join a contest that doesn't offer late swap?
- What sports offer late swap?
What edits can I make using late swap?
If you join a contest that supports late swap, you'll be able to swap a player up until the start of that player’s individual game. Once a player’s game starts, they’ll be locked and you won’t be able to swap them.
Check out the contest GameCenter to see which roster spots are already locked and which players can still be swapped. All other players whose games haven’t started are eligible for edits.
What edits can I make if I join a contest that doesn't offer late swap?
You can edit your lineup up until the scheduled start of the contest. Once the contest starts, all players will be locked and ineligible for swapping.
What sports offer late swap?
- Learn more about which sports offer late swap.
- For sport-specific information, please see the Lineup Edits sections of the fantasy sports contest Rules and Scoring. To simplify the contest rules we have separated them by sport and contest format for your convenience.