How do I get credit for withholding with the IRS?

IRS Form W-2G is the tax form used to report gambling winnings and any federal income tax withheld on those winnings. You may claim a credit on your individual income tax return Form 1040 for the withholding remitted on your behalf.

DraftKings suggests that you consult with a professional when preparing taxes. You and your tax professional can learn about the IRS's taxable reporting criteria for gambling winnings and Form W-2G used to report income related to gambling by visiting:

If you received a Form W-2G, you can access the form from our document center using this link: 

Was this article helpful?