- What is GeoComply and why do I have to install it on my computer?
- How to enable GeoComply and Location Detection while using a computer
- How to enable Location detection on a Google Android device
- What do I do if the GeoComply application is not working correctly?
- Proxies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), and Remote Desktop Programs (RDP)
What is GeoComply and why do I have to install it on my computer?
GeoComply is a third party location detection service provider that provides cybersecurity solutions to detect location fraud and verify a user's true digital identity. This process is required by multiple state regulators for licensed online sportsbooks and casinos.
To fully access the DraftKings Sportsbook or Casino on the web on your computer, you will need to enable location services and the GeoComply plugin must be installed and running as a service in the background. Once you have completed the registration process, you will be directed to the location detection plugin installation page. Once you have successfully installed the location detection plugin, you will be able to continue playing without interruptions.
How to enable GeoComply and Location Detection while using a computer
The GeoComply plugin is provided to download when you first register your gaming account.
Once installed, please review the instructions to enable location detection in the article below.
How to enable Location Detection while using a Google Android or Apple iOS device
- Why can't DraftKings detect my location while using my Android Mobile Device?
- Why can't DraftKings detect my location while using my iOS Mobile Device?
What do I do if the GeoComply application is not working correctly?
The GeoComply plugin is not installed
You can install the GeoComply plugin manually by downloading here: https://ums.geocomply.com/installer/url?id=LW2BYMiQ3R&os=win&version=220.127.116.11
You have already downloaded the plugin, but it's asking you to download it again
If you are being asked to download the plugin again, this means the plugin is not fully installed or running on your browser. Follow the instructions to reinstall your plugin.
To reinstall your plugin
- Restart your Computer
- Run the Google Chrome internet browser (or the supported preferred equivalent)
- Click the 3 line bar button or Wrench symbol in the top right of your Google Chrome internet browser window
- Select 'Downloads' - a list of all the files you have downloaded will appear
- If you were able to download the plugin correctly, then it will appear towards the top in this list. (Note: If the plugin does not appear, follow the instructions above to download it)
- Double click on the file name to run the plugin and follow the installation steps on the screen.
To confirm you have correctly installed the plugin within your browser
If you believe you have correctly installed the geolocation browser plugin, and you would like to confirm:
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Programs
- Click on Programs and Features
- The Player Location Check plugin should be listed here.
To confirm you have downloaded and installed the plugin correctly from the DraftKings site
- Log in to your account
- Select your username from the top right-hand side of the Sportsbook or Casino sites.
- From the dropdown menu choose the option 'Location Detection Status'
- After you select this option, the GeoComply plugin will activate. If the plugin is not detected, you will be informed in the plugin is inaccessible.
Proxies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), and Remote Desktop Programs (RDP)
If you have a proxy, Virtual Private Network (VPN), or Remote Desktop Program (RDP) running on your device, you will not pass the geolocation checks necessary to place wagers or bets in the DraftKings Sportsbook or Casino. Examples of RDP are Bomgar, TeamViewer, Remote Desktop Viewer and Zoom
To disable a Proxy or Virtual Private Network (VPN) within your Browser
To disable a proxy or virtual private network, you may need to adjust your browser settings. Please consult with your Proxy or VPN service provider's support center for guidance.
PC - To disable or uninstall an INSTALLED Proxy or Virtual Private Network (VPN)
To disable a proxy or virtual private network, you may need to uninstall the VPN or disable it within your operating system. Please consult with your Proxy or VPN service provider's support center for guidance.