DraftKings customers are required to Geolocate their device being used to operate any of the DraftKings products. This will require customers to connect their device to a strong Wi-Fi connection, if it’s a mobile device, having GPS locating turned on coupled with Wi-Fi will assist in ensuring accurate geolocating.
If customers are less than a half a mile from the border, they may be blocked from using DraftKings website products or apps. The best solution is ensuring you are connected to a strong Wi-Fi connection along with moving further away from the border to assist in resolving the issue.
Customer’s IP address may also be incorrectly placing them in a neighboring state. It’s recommended that customers try to correct this by resetting their WiFi or Modem.
Exclusion Zones by state:
- NJ = Ellis Island, Liberty Island, Perth Amboy.
- PA = Brick and Mortar Casinos.
- CO = iGaming is not allowed on tribal lands of Southern Ute and Mountain Ute Tribes.
- IN = Tribal lands.
- MI = Tribal lands.
- LA = Parishes (Caldwell, Catahoula, Franklin, LaSalle, Sabine, Union, West Carroll and Winn).
- Federal Land (i.e. Ellis and Liberty Island).
Buffer Zones: (Typical buffer zone configuration)
- GPS buffer zone: 33 feet (10m).
- Wi-Fi buffer zone: 328 yards (300m).
- Cellular buffer zone: 3 miles (4.8km).
Buffer zone distance is subtracted from the boundary parameters to create a threshold within the configured boundary. The buffer zone is placed around the inside of state borders, thus slightly reducing the territory within a state where players can successfully wager.
Learn more about where DraftKings products are permitted: