Enter an existing public contest posted in the Fantasy Sports lobby by:
- Filtering for your preferred sport.
- Select the Head-to-Head filter.
- All available game styles will be displayed, including Classic and Showdown contests (where available).
The first-place winner in a Head-to-Head contest wins both entry fees minus the commission DraftKings charges for hosting the contest.
Example: If you win a $5 Head-to-Head contest, both players submit a $5 entry fee and $9 will be awarded to the winner with a $1 commission fee reserved for DraftKings. In the event of an identical lineup where there is no winner, the commission will be refunded within a 72-hour window.
Note: Customers can find more information regarding the DraftKings Maximum Commision Structure.
- Log into your account.
- Click on the Contests option from the menu at the top of the page.
- Go to the My Contests section.
- Click on the green CREATE A CONTEST button, which you will find on the right-hand side of the My Contests page.
- Customize your contest according to your preferences and the available contest rules.
- Select the Sport, Game Style, Start Time, and set the type as Head-to-Head.
- On the Details page, you can define the Entry Fee and the total number of contests to create.
- You are also given the option to invite your friends for a private contest or post it publicly in the Head-to-Head lobby.
Note: You also have the ability to limit the number of times a person can play against you in the Head-to-Head contests that you create.
Auto-Matching and Head-to-Head (H2H) Blocking:
Public Head-to-Head contests posted in the lobby will be auto-matched prior to the start time if an opponent did not join your contest and there is another game set that has not been filled at the time of game set lock. The unfilled entry will only be matched with an unfilled entry in the same game set and price point, should that additional unfilled entry exist.
You will not be auto-matched against any opponents you previously defined as a Blocked User in the Head-to-Head settings, within your Account Preferences. Once you block an opponent, that person can no longer join your public or private head-to-head contests, send you head-to-head challenge requests, or be auto-matched with you in head-to-head contests. Blocking only applies to head-to-head contests and may take up to ten (10) minutes to take effect. Head-to-Head Blocking settings will disable for Head-to-Head contests with a price point of $1,000 or more.
- The merging of unfilled Head-to-Head contests occurs at the time the contest locks. Typically, when the merge is complete a player will immediately see their matched opponent. In rare instances, there may be a slight delay or you may have to refresh the page to see your matched opponent immediately.
- Unwanted Head-to-Head and league contest invites:
- Learn more about contest invitations from specific players.